Taking care of your appliances is one of the most important things you can do to keep them at their peak functionality and to help them last as long as they can. A little bit can go a long way in improving the use and extending the life of your machines. We have compiled some of our favorite cleaning tips for your appliances.
- Clean them at regular intervals. Some brands even track the number of loads and alert you when the machine needs to be cleaned.
- Check manufacturer recommendations for endorsed cleaning products. For example, Miele has a line of cleaning products specifically formulated to work with their machines.
- Use a mix of water and vinegar to clean the lid and other inside parts that can accumulate dirt and mold.
- Make sure you are using the correct amount of detergent when you do your laundry. Using too much can cause dirt and grime to collect more in your machine.
- Also check the connections on hoses to prevent leaks.
- Find a cleaning product that can cut grease and eliminate limescale.
- Clean the filter in the bottom of the dishwasher once a month by running it under warm water.
- Sanitize it regularly with products recommended by your manufacturer. You can also put a bowl with 1-1 ½ cups of white vinegar in the dishwasher and run the hottest and longest cycle on the dishwasher.
- Clean the seal around the edge of the dishwasher to make sure it is clean and not cracked.
Built-in Kitchen Appliances
Follow the manufacturer’s directions and recommendations for cleaning the inside of the appliance. For stains that are difficult to remove, consider using Signature Multi-Surface polish, a brand recommended by Sub-Zero and Wolf.
You can find the Signature Polish and other cleaning products for laundry and home at Buckhead. We help you make sure that your appliances are properly maintained and last a long time. Our collection of intentional cleaning and care configurations includes rinses, polishing cloths, appliance cleaners, conditioners, detergents, fresheners, and more, to protect the appearance and function of appliances – both inside and out.