Your pet is a member of your family, but so are all their messes. Whether you have a cat or a dog, every breed sheds hair and dander. This can trigger allergies and create unsightly messes in your home. You need a vacuum that can handle all of those messes. Many manufacturers put the word “pet” onto their vacuums, but you need to know what to look for when searching for a vacuum that can keep up with your beloved pet.
Here are some things to look for when investing in a truly pet-friendly vacuum:
- Rotating brush – If you have carpeting, you need to have a vacuum with a strong rotating brush. This is what collects pet hair into the vacuum and helps it stay in the vacuum.
- Suction power – Strong vacuum suction is essential for any vacuum. It’s especially important if you have flat surfaces like hardwood or tile. On these surfaces, brushes only spread the hair around, but only strong suction can finish the job.
- Tools for multiple surfaces – You know how pet hair can get into everything – from upholstery to stairs. You need a vacuum that has tools that can help you clean all the hard-to-reach places easily and effectively.
- HEPA filter – If you want to keep your family and your guests from having allergic reactions to your pets, you need to find a vacuum that has a HEPA filter. These filter out over 99% of the particles in your home environment.
- Type of vacuum -You have a wide variety of choices when it comes to style of vacuums from robotic floor vacuums to stick vacuums. We recommend upright or canister vacuums because they have a larger capacity than other types of vacuums and typically have better overall suction and more power.
- Bag or bagless – This is one of the major choices on the market today. The good thing about vacuums with bags is that every piece of pet hair that goes into the vacuum goes into the bag. When the bag goes into the trash, so does the hair. When you empty a bagless vacuum container into your trash can, particles can escape back into your home.
We have a vacuum that can meet your needs and handle any mess your pets can make. We can help you breathe easy and find exactly what you need. We have a variety of high-quality models that will last, and we can’t wait to show them to you and your furry friend.